Carmen, immortalised in Bizet's most convincing operatic masterpiece, is a woman unscrupulous in her self preservation, defiant and completely irresistable to the men that cross her path. She disarms with a sideward glance and manipulates every situation in her favour – until one of these men, José, falls desperately in love with her.
Despite the faithful protestations of his fiancée, Michaela, José's fate is sealed and his uncontrollable passion for the dismissive Carmen can only lead to disaster.
Running time: 2 hours 12 minutes (approximately)
- Based on an original scenario by Christopher Gable
- Choreography by Diddy Veldman
- Directed by Patricia Doyle
- Production Design by Lez Brotherston
- Music by Georges Bizet
- Arranged by John Longstaff
- Lighting Design by Mark Henderson