Cleopatra's influence on fashion, style and popular culture seems to be unending, with modern-day icons such as Elizabeth Taylor, Angelina Jolie, Katie Perry and Kim Kardashian taking inspiration from the last Queen of Egypt.
To celebrate Northern Ballet’s tour of Cleopatra, our brand new ballet which has its world première on 26 February 2011, we're offering an exclusive bag of tantalising prizes to whoever can impress us most with their homage to the Egyptian icon.
Send us a video or photo of yourself walking like an Egyptian by uploading it to Northern Ballet’s Facebook page, Twitter account or send a link to firstname.lastname@example.org* and you could could walk away with the prizes!
The competition will run throughout our spring tour and the closing date is 21 May, 2011.
The Prize Bag
- Two top price tickets to a Northern Ballet performance of your choice**
- Signed pointe shoes
- Signed Cleopatra poster
- A Yorkshire Soap Co. goodie bag
- Cleopatra soundtrack signed by award winning composer Claude-Michel Schönberg
- You must be 16 or over to enter
- For copyright reasons we cannot accept videos containing any music
- Only one entry per person
- Employees and family of Northern Ballet are not eligible to enter (sorry gang!)
- Any photos deemed inappropriate or offensive will not be eligible and will be removed (nothing libellous, nothing copyrighted)
- By posting your videos and pictures to Northern Ballet's Twitter and Facebook page you are giving us permission to use them in our publicity campaign
- The best photo will be selected on 27 May, 2011 - the judges decision is final
- There is no cash alternative to the prize
*you can also upload your video to any site you choose just send a link to email@example.com.
**any UK Northern Ballet performance in a theatre within one and a half years of competition closing date