Kings, Queens, adventure, friendship, romance, intrigue and heroes…
Meanwhile the young D'Artagnan is falling madly in love with the Queen's Lady in Waiting, Constance.
David Nixon's ballet, The Three Musketeers is a great combination of action packed sword fights, comedy, fun and some beautiful romantic duets – between the Queen and her secret lover, the Duke of Buckingham and D'Artagnan and Constance.
Set to a sweeping score of music by the late British composer Sir Malcolm Arnold, Northern Ballet's swashbuckling production brings together stunning sets, amazing costumes, thrilling sword fights and traditional ballet in an evening that the whole family can enjoy.
All for one and one for all!
Running Time: 2 hours 15 minutes aprx
- Choreography: David Nixon
- Set Design: Charles Cusick Smith
- Costume Design: David Nixon
- Fight Direction: Renny Krupinski
- Lighting Design: David Grill
- Scenario: David Drew MBE
- Music: Sir Malcolm Arnold
- Arranged by: John Longstaff
- Original Score Compliler: Anthony Meredith
Northern Ballet Theatre would like to extend their sympathies to Sir Malcolm Arnold's family and friends, and are honoured to be celebrating his music through The Three Musketeers.
- Act 1 57 minutes
- 20 minute interval
- Act 2 52 minutes
- Total 2 hours 10 minutes (approximately)