Applications and Auditions
Closing date for applications is 26 February 2018 except for the Easter and Summer schools. Closing date for vocational students applying for the Easter Course is 9 March 2018 / Summer School is 11 May 2018.
Please enclose the correct photographs with your application.
All photographs in bare feet and either leotard & tights or vest & shorts.
- All Courses Associates, CAT, Easter Course, and Summer School (Intermediate and Senior)
- Facing to the back, feet together (parallel, bare feet)
- Facing forwards – tendu in second (bare feet)
- Rise on demi-pointe in second (bare feet)
- Easter and Summer School Senior level (vocational students)
Please provide the photos listed under All Courses above and
- Second arabesque in profile, en pointe
- Développé à la seconde, en pointe
International applicants should submit a DVD, YouTube or Vimeo link for audition. Please contact the Academy for DVD requirements.
Professional Graduate Programme
Applications are now open for our Professional Graduate Programme, find out more.
|Associate Division and CAT preliminaries||Sunday 11 March|
|Easter and Summer School audition||Sunday 11 March|
|CAT recall weekend||Saturday 24 March & Sunday 25 March|
|Associate Division recalls||Sunday 25 March|
£30 fee to audition per person. You may select more than one programme for this fee.
CAT audition fee waiver
The Academy of Northern Ballet’s Centre for Advanced Training (CAT) programme aims to support talented children and young people from all backgrounds to access our training. We understand that audition costs are prohibitive for some families and therefore we encourage these families to apply for the CAT audition fee waiver.
How to apply
If you would like to audition for our CAT programme but need financial support towards the cost of the audition please see the following information.
- Our fee waiver works on a means tested basis that follows the CAT grant income brackets set by the Department for Education
- Families on a combined household income of £30,227 or less will be eligible for the fee waiver
- Parents may be asked to supply evidence of their income to support their application
- If you would like to apply for the fee waiver please download and complete the fee waiver application form. Waiver forms should be submitted alongside the audition form.
- Please note, our waiver application deadline is on 12 February. Although our audition applications close on 26 February we use this time to process the waiver applicants.
What happens after I apply for a fee waiver?
- Applications will be processed on 12 February 2018. Fee waivers are awarded using a priority grading according to the criteria they meet (based on your financial income). Once we have processed all waiver applications, you will be emailed if successful or unsuccessful. You should apply with an application as normal, without enclosing the fee. If successful we will pay your fee and you will not need to make a payment. If unsuccessful we will notify you the details of when we need to receive your payment.