Academy Applications and Auditions
Course audition information
Preliminary auditions for CAT and Associate programmes are being held Sunday 1 March 2020.
CAT recall auditions will be held on 14 and 15 March.
Associate recalls will be held on Sunday 15 March.
Applications for 2020/21 will open in the second half of the autumn term, 2019. The application form and up-to-date information will be available then.
£30 fee to audition per person. You may select more than one programme for this fee.
CAT audition fee waiver
The Academy of Northern Ballet’s Centre for Advanced Training (CAT) programme aims to support talented children and young people from all backgrounds to access our training. We understand that audition costs are prohibitive for some families and therefore we encourage these families to apply for the CAT audition fee waiver.
How to apply
If you would like to audition for our CAT programme but need financial support towards the cost of the audition please see the following information.
- Our fee waiver works on a means tested basis that follows the CAT grant income brackets set by the Department for Education
- Families on a combined household income of £30,529 or less will be eligible for the fee waiver
- Parents may be asked to supply evidence of their income to support their application
- If you would like to apply for the fee waiver please download and complete the fee waiver application form. Waiver forms should be submitted alongside the audition form.
What happens after I apply for a fee waiver?
- Once we have processed all waiver applications, you will be emailed if successful or unsuccessful. You should apply with an application as normal, without enclosing the fee. If successful we will pay your fee and you will not need to make a payment. If unsuccessful we will notify you the details of when we need to receive your payment.