Wed 7 July 2021
On Sale May 2021
Free (Booking required)
Presented as part of Expressions 2021, this insightful conference is the culmination of SHIFT Dance, an Erasmus+ funded project led by Northern Ballet, Misiconi Dance Company (Netherlands), Psico Ballet Maite Leon Foundation (Spain) and the Universities of Leeds and Edinburgh.
This virtual conference will offer an insight into the creation of the SHIFT online teaching resource and the impact of the project. The toolkit offers a new teaching practice, developed during the SHIFT project, for dancers with additional learning support needs, underpinned by safe practice and a particular focus on hypermobility.
Everyone is welcome to join but the day will be especially beneficial for dance practitioners, teachers, lecturers and those delivering professional training.
Tickets for the SHIFT conference are free, but booking is required. You can select to join as many sessions as you would like.
Introducing the SHIFT Dance Toolkit with Northern Ballet, Misiconi Dance Company and Psico Ballet Maite Leon Foundation
Presentations on hypermobility, the impact of the SHIFT project and Project Grant funding from Arts Council England, speakers include:
- Dr Wendy M Timmons, Director of the MSc Dance Science & Education Programme, Senior Teaching Fellow, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Louise McDowall, Visiting Research Fellow in Exercise and Health Psychology, University of Leeds
- Kristian Pellissier, Relationship Manager, Dance, Arts Council England
Panel discussion exploring the findings of SHIFT within a wider dance industry context, speakers include:
- Dr. Fiona Bannon, School of Performance and Cultural Industries, University of Leeds. Chair of World Dance Alliance - Europe
- Ginny Brown, Chief Executive, Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing
- Ruby Wolk, Ballet Senior Manager, Learning and Participation, Royal Opera House
- Ingrid Stoepker, Head of Bachelor of Dance in Education, Codarts, Rotterdam
Performances from Northern Ballet’s Ability, Misiconi Dance Company and Psico Ballet Maite Leon Foundation
More details, speakers and performers to be announced.
The SHIFT Conference will take place online.
Talks will feature live speech to text captioning
Some performances will feature audio description (this will be clear at the point of booking)
The online platform works on Google Chrome and Firefox
For any enquiries about your access needs please contact Northern Ballet’s Learning team on firstname.lastname@example.org
And The Rix-Thompson-Rothenberg Foundation.
Photos Gavin Joynt.