Springboard: A CPD Course for Dance Artists
Mon 22 – Wed 24 July 2019
Northern Ballet, in collaboration with Leeds Dance Partnership, are hosting a three day CPD course for emerging Dance Artists and recent graduates. The training aims to provide the knowledge and skills needed to set yourself up as a freelance artist, ensuring you are clued up on your responsibilities and how to manage yourself as a business.
The course will include:
- One day First Aid for Dance course delivered by Underwood Training
- Financial management
- How to fill in a Tax Return (and what you can claim for)
- Legal considerations (including insurance, music licensing, risk assessment)
- Marketing and Social Media
- Time for sharing practice and addressing challenges and issues
Fee: £100 (tax deductible!)
Leeds Dance Partnership will be sponsoring three FREE places. Please see Leeds Dance Partnership for more information and to apply.
Where: Northern Ballet, Leeds
When: Mon 22 – Wed 24 July 2019
How to book: Please complete an application form by downloading here and sending to firstname.lastname@example.org. Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. The deadline for receiving applications is Monday 17 June; on week commencing Monday 24 June you will be sent information on how to pay for your place. For more information contact Nicola Phillips, Learning Project Manager on 0113 2208000, email email@example.com.
Photos Gavin Joynt.