We are currently looking for a Content and Social Media Officer to work within the Audiences & Communications department.
The Content and Social Media Officer will play a pivotal role within the Audiences & Communications Department, taking ownership of our fast-growing social media platforms and working with the Head of Content to create high quality written and visual materials.
The Audiences & Communications department is responsible for all internal and external communications at Northern Ballet. The department supports the Company’s national and international tours, a digital programme, the Academy of Northern Ballet, outreach activity and fundraising initiatives. The Content and Social Media Officer will play a pivotal role within the Audiences & Communications Department, taking ownership of our fast-growing social media platforms and working with the Head of Content to create high quality written and visual materials.
Northern Ballet has amazing resources at its fingertips, with world-class ballet dancers, multiple studios, and in-house wardrobe and technical departments. This presents an exciting opportunity for a creative and enthusiastic person to develop content that engages with existing and new audiences.
- Work with the Head of Content to deliver the content strategy to ensure department goals are achieved, supporting income generation and brand profile
- Identify stories from across the company’s varied activity and build relationships with all departments to create a content narrative that gives an insight into life at Northern Ballet
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day management of social media channels with a view to growing audiences, increasing engagement and brand awareness
- Report on the performance of social media posts to ensure the department can act responsively to get the most out of social content
- Be the voice of Northern Ballet on social media writing engaging copy, appropriate for each social media platform, engaging with comments and creating conversations
- Work collaboratively with communications colleagues to support wider campaigns using paid and organic social media, including but not limited to the national tour, Learning department, the Academy of Northern Ballet and the Stanley & Audrey Burton Theatre
- Proactively look for opportunities for Northern Ballet to engage with social media trends and keep track of competitor content to ensure Northern Ballet’s content remains relevant
- Assist with creating content such as photography, videography and audio to support the Content Strategy as required
- Write content for Northern Ballet’s website to maximise SEO
- Manage the collation, production, and delivery of all tour programmes and other publications ensuring they are delivered on-time, in budget and to the highest quality
Who we are looking for
- You will need a passion for creating content and a creative attitude. We’re looking for a willingness to experiment with and take risks as well as reflect and re-evaluate what engages with our audience
- Through previous experience in a communications, digital or social media role you are confident in taking ownership of Northern Ballet’s social media channels
- Someone with a natural ability to tell a story and excellent written communication skills. We also want you to be able to make connections across the organisation to feed back into an exciting content strategy
- A meticulous eye for detail with outstanding proof-reading skills
- Experience with photography or videography (can be amateur or school based), training will also be provided in these areas
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is desired but not essential
- A self-motivated person who excels in a team environment and is confident working both independently and collaboratively
- Salary: £23,000 per annum
- Hours: Our full-time hours are 35 per week. We are open to applications from candidates wanting to work full-time or part-time.
- 25 days (full-time equivalent, pro-rated for part-time roles)
- Probationary Period: 3 months.
- Notice Period: 1 month following probationary period.
- Pension: The Company operates a group personal pension scheme, with contributions from both the employer and the employee. Current contributions are Employer 5.75%, Employee 4.25%. Permanent full and part time staff are automatically enrolled after 12 weeks in post.
Northern Ballet strives to understand, respect and champion diversity in all its forms and believes in embracing diversity within our workforce, repertoire and practices. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from groups who are underrepresented in our organisation. This includes, but is not limited to, people of African or Caribbean heritage, people of South, East and South East Asian heritage and disabled people.
- Full details can be found in the enclosed candidate brief.
- To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to: HRadmin@northernballet.com
- Please also complete the Equal Opportunities Form
- Closing date for applications: Monday 19 June, 10am
- Interviews: w/c 26 June, ideally in Leeds