Business of Ballet
Northern Ballet is one of the most respected ballet companies in the UK. Based in Leeds it tours to cities and towns throughout the UK and prides itself on being a powerhouse for inventive dance.
Monday 23 September
- Northern Ballet, Quarry Hill, Leeds LS2 7PA
- A Leeds Business Week event
- FREE but places must be booked in advance
Integral to the success of Northern Ballet is exciting and high quality artistic experiences coupled with sound business acumen. Since 2011 Northern Ballet has had to respond to devastating cuts in public funding and it has done this by drawing on its strengths – a dedicated and driven team of dancers, technicians, and administrators who have worked hard to respond innovatively to the challenges the company faces whilst remaining true to their artistic vision.
In this inspiring and illuminating session delegates will have the opportunity to hear from CEO Mark Skipper DL on how the Company comes together to deliver a busy national tour as well as how teamwork and partnership is essential to the success of the Company. Company dancers will demonstrate how dedication, partnership and teamwork are an everyday part of their work. Northern Ballet’s technical experts will show how all the components of a tour fit together to deliver the ‘wow factor’ expected by the 120,000 people who come to watch a performance by the Company each year.
A new and exciting breakfast session and the perfect start to Leeds Business Week.
- 7.30-8.00am breakfast and networking (Breakfast sponsored by CateringYorkshire.com)
- 8.00-9.30am Business of Ballet
- 9.30-10am one-to-ones: Optional one-to-one sessions with the team at Northern Ballet to find out more about the different business aspects of Northern Ballet. Delegates can investigate how their own business could benefit from working with ballet. Delegates can select from: executive and planning, marketing & PR or fundraising and events.
Places are free but must be booked in advance
*You can choose your optional one-to-one session during booking
Add your comment using your Facebook ID