Requiem, a mass for the dead, was Mozart's final work and it has enjoyed enduring popularity since its debut in 1791. Considered to be one of the finest pieces in choral repertoire, at once solemn and exciting, fierce and gentle, awe-inspiring and intensely moving, Requiem was performed by the Northern Ballet Theatre Orchestra, accompanied by four soloists (Soprano, Contralto, Tenor and Bass) and a chorus of fifty singers from the Leeds Festival Chorus (Leeds Grand Theatre), the Scottish Chamber Orchestra Chorus (Edinburgh Festival Theatre), and the Keswick Hall Choir (Norwich Theatre Royal).
Running Time: 1 hours 15 minutes aprx
- Choreographed & Directed by Birgit Scherzer
- Concept & Scenario by Matthias Kaiser
- Music by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Production Design by Brigitte Benner
- Lighting Recreated by Andy Rushton