The Shape of Sound
The Shape of Sound sets 14 dancers to the hypnotic score of The Four Seasons reimagined by Max Richter. The piece takes inspiration from the seasons themselves and our human response to those seasons, conjuring feelings of hope and sadness.
Tindall's incandescent new dance work celebrates the purity of classical ballet lines with the sculpture and lightness of the shapes, against the dynamic and physical injections of contemporary dance. With his cast of dancers, Tindall explores the energy of each body moving together, as well as their patterns that can be united with Richter's musical structure.
- Choreography Kenneth Tindall
- Music Recomposed by Max Richter: Vivaldi, The Four Seasons
- Set & Costume Design Kimie Nakano
- Costume Design Assistant Carley Marsh
- Lighting Design Alastair West and Kenneth Tindall
Running Time 44 minutes