Academy Open Days
Are you aged 9-15 and dream of becoming a professional dancer?
Open days dates
Spaces are limited, booking is essential.
- Sunday 22 January – Leeds, Northern Ballet 09:00-12:30 – ages 9-11 and 12+ years
- Sunday 22 January – Leeds, Northern Ballet 13:00-16:40 – ages 9-11 and 12+ years
- Sunday 29 January – Leeds, Northern Ballet 09:00-12:30 – ages 9-11 and 12+ years
Centre for Advanced Training (CAT)
Professional training Open Day with Boys Only option
- Saturday 28 January – Leeds, Northern Ballet 09:30-15:30 – ages 9-12 years and boys only
Girls session led by Cara O’Shea
Boys only session led by Christopher Hinton-Lewis
Participants are given a unique opportunity to see Northern Ballet’s outstanding company in class (optional attendance). Due to limited seating in the studio theatre only one parent/carer can accompany each participant.
- 10:00 – 10:30 Registration for participants observing company class
- 10:30 – 11:15 Observing Northern Ballet company technique class (optional attendance)
- 12:15 – 15:30 Welcome, warm up, technique class, enhancement session, Q&A session for parents, and a chance to meet a Company dancer
Parents/carers are encouraged to observe the students in class. Due to limited seating only two parents/carers per participant can attend.
Places can be booked by calling the Academy on 0113 220 8000 from Tuesday 1 November 2016.
Some experience is required to find the class comfortable to do. The class will be technique based and so students of all abilities will learn something new.
Our free Open Days give prospective students the chance to meet the Academy of Northern Ballet staff and find out more about the training programmes and technique in a taster class.
Academy of Northern Ballet, Quarry Hill, Leeds LS2 7PA
For more information and to attend please contact the Academy on 0113 220 8000 or email email@example.com.