Applications for our 2022/23 Graduate Programme are now closed.
To apply to the Professional Graduate Programme dancers must be between the ages of 18-20 on 1 September 2022 and have completed classical vocational training. Applicants must also have completed their GCSE’s (or equivalent) before the course start date. International applications are welcome subject to obtaining an appropriate visa.
Due to changes in the UK status with the EU we are unable to accept applications from EU students for the graduate programme unless they already hold UK pre-settlement status.
Applicants must submit
Completed applications to be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must include
- Three recent full-length classical dance photos of passé relevé barefoot on both sides and arabesque
- Video link (YouTube/Vimeo) showing barre and centre class work in leotard/tights (ladies on pointe), no costumes please.
- Your video should include:
- Barre work – pliés and rises
- Centre work both sides – battement tendu and battement jeté combination, fondu and ronds de jambe, grand battement, adage, pirouettes, battu jump, and grand allegro
Submission deadline: 21 March 2022
For applicants currently mid application, please follow the above guidance to complete your submission.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application/audition between 14-21 March 2022.
If your application is accepted, you may be invited for a closed audition. This will be dependent on government guidelines due to Covid-19.
‘During my time on the graduate programme, I was really able to consolidate my technique and artistry with the focus of the course purely on auditions. I was extremely lucky over this time, to tour and perform a lot with the company which is the best experience you can get going into this profession. This year at Northern was crucial to me as a dancer and I would not be where I am now without it’
Amy is currently dancing at Ballet DJKT Pilsen, Czech Republic. Previous contracts include National Moravian, Silesian Theatre in Ostrava, Czech Republic.
Get in touch
Photo Riku Ito.