Open Classes for All
Under the guidance of Northern Ballet’s Artistic Director and Academy Director, David Nixon OBE, our classes are led by our highly experienced teaching faculty in the same state-of-the-art building in which Northern Ballet’s Company Dancers train.
From tiny tots to adults, find the right class for you
September 2018 – July 2019
All classes are held at Northern Ballet, Leeds LS2 7PA unless otherwise stated.
Class details and timetable are subject to change.
- Classes for Children - ages 18 months – 8 years
- Classes for Young People - ages 8-16
- Adult Classes - ages 16+
- Classes for Over 50s
Classes at Northern Ballet offer
- Opportunities for all ages and abilities from mini movers to adult classes everyone who wants to dance can
- Inspiration from training alongside Northern Ballet dancers
- Excellence through tuition from world-class professionals
- Innovation with seven state-of-the-art studios, 200-seat studio theatre and café
- Accessibility with evening, weekend and lunchtime classes
- Balance by way of Northern Ballet's unique curriculum concentrating on healthy training and happy bodies
- Music played live in most classes
- Progression for those wanting to pursue dance as a profession including our Centre for Advanced Training Programme (CAT) and International Summer School
Contact us and Registration
To access any of the Academy of Northern Ballet classes please complete an online registration form with a £5 registration fee which entitles you to register for as many classes as you wish throughout the year. Spaces in all classes are issued on a first come first served bases.
You will also receive our Academy Newsletter which will give you regular updates and information on our classes and programmes, Company productions, as well as special offers and prize draws.
Contact the Academy on 0113 220 8000.
Photos by Justin Slee, Emma Kauldhar, and Martin Bell.