Funded by Erasmus+, the project's aims are:
- Develop new teaching practice for dancers with additional learning support needs, underpinned by safe practice
- Enable people to fulfil their potential
- Share good practice; initially between the project collaborators and subsequently to an international audience of dance artists and teachers in community, education and professional settings
- Raise the profile and skills of dancers with additional learning support needs across Europe
- Underpinned by academic research; dance science input and support provided by the University of Edinburgh and the University of Leeds will evaluate the impact of the project
Visit the SHIFT Dance Toolkit to find out more about the project and explore the teaching approaches and activities we developed.