COVID-19: Latest update
Northern Ballet continues to follow advice from the Government and Public Health England regarding COVID-19 and to work closely with our touring venues regarding upcoming performances.
Northern Ballet regrets that a number of our performances have been cancelled in 2020. A list of affected performances can be found below. Whilst we appreciate there will be some disappointment, the health and safety of our employees, audiences and tour venue staff is paramount.
Audiences with tickets booked to affected performances will be contacted by the venue with information on their options as soon as possible. Audiences are urged not to contact the Box Office directly
Northern Ballet is a registered charity and provides employment to hundreds of artists, musicians, creative collaborators, technicians, costumiers and administrative staff. Like many organisations in the arts and beyond, this unprecedented situation will significantly impact the Company financially and mean that we will be more dependent than ever on donations and philanthropic support. This support is essential to maintain our workforce during this difficult period and continue with our productions and projects once this threat to public health has subsided.
As such, we would ask that audiences with tickets to cancelled performances consider, where you are able, to choose not to claim a refund.
You can also support us via our giving pages: northernballet.com/donate
The following Northern Ballet performances have been cancelled:
- Geisha, Leeds Grand Theatre: 17 – 21 March 2020
- Geisha, Sheffield Lyceum Theatre: 24 – 28 March 2020
- Geisha, London Sadler’s Wells: 21 – 25 April 2020
- Geisha, Edinburgh Festival Theatre: 6 – 9 May 2020
- Geisha, Cardiff New Theatre: 12 - 16 May 2020
- Cinderella, Leicester Curve: 24 – 28 March 2020
- Three Short Ballets, Newcastle Northern Stage: 17 – 18 April 2020
- Cinderella, Milton Keynes Theatre: 28 April – 2 May 2020
- Cinderella, The Lowry: 3 - 6 June 2020
- Little Red Riding Hood, All venues: 31 March – 30 May 2020
- The Great Gatsby, Nottingham Theatre Royal: 15 - 19 September (rescheduled to 27 April - 1 May 2021)
Please check our website for information on rescheduled performances.
Last updated 15:00 on Thursday 28 May 2020.